Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Horror Icons by Dave Perillo

As often happens when looking for something on the interweb, I found something even more groovy. Sometime around Halloween last year, I stumbled across Dave Perillo's blog (Montygog's Art-O-Rama) - and as luck would have it, he was doing a Horror Icons series at the time.

As you can see, his cartoonish style works oddly well with the freakish characters he portrays - but he doesn't just draw upon the scaries for his inspiration. If you explore his blog, you'll find superheroes, TV stars and a variety of recurring characters from your childhood. And he's been nice enough to share his playground with us for the month - I'll be showcasing one of his horror pieces every week.

But trust me, that's not enough. For a good sampling of Mr. Perillo's work check out his blog, where he has a treasure trove of illustrations. Then come back here for some more scary fun...

2 comments:

el Juano said...

I figured this was a good one to start with - our first guest writer (Virtual Stranger) has a special kind of fetish centered around those Cenobite guys...

Anonymous said...

It's not a fetish! I just happen to think Pinhead photographs much better than I do.

Heck, the box photographs better than I do...

;)