Friday, September 19, 2008

Holy Smokes! Is There Any Better BBQ On Earth, Batman?

I’m sure you remember the most wonderful barbeque joint that the Valley has ever seen, right? I’m obviously talking about Holy Smokes, an amazing little restaurant that opened in an old church in Hatfield in 2004. Unfortunately, many of us barely got to taste many of their succulent dishes before a fire forced them to raze the building in 2007. My girlfriend still tears up when anyone mentions their beef ribs and the amazing grilled veggies. Mmmmmm… Sorry, I think I just drooled a bit.

The good news? You can still get their amazing brand of BBQ, and they’re mobile. That’s right, they’ve put the smoker on wheels and made a portable kitchen – To the Ribmobile, Boy Wonder! The bad news? You either have to hire them to cater one of your events (and I never thought I’d hate all my friends so much for already being married) or find a public festivity where they’re already set up. But even when they’ve got a booth somewhere the food tends to go fast, so you need to get there early.

Well, if you’re looking for a time when you can enjoy the food at your leisure, I might have the night out you’ve been looking for. Hope & Olive in Greenfield is doing a Beer & BBQ dinner on Sunday, September 28th – and guess who’s bringing the BBQ portion? For a $35 all-inclusive price, you get a delicious multi-course meal by our favorite purveyors of pork, as well as a Peak Organic beer along with each course. Can you say “Yum”? Damn skippy you can!

For the full list of food, go to Hope & Olive’s special events page here. Their address is 44 Hope Street in Greenfield, MA and their phone number is (413) 774-3150. See you there? I’ll be the one covered in chipotle sauce…

For more info on Holy Smokes’ catering endeavors, check their web site.

No comments: