Monday, September 29, 2008

Gregsky Scores! Local Blogger Gets National Nod

When it comes to sports, my best friend would attest to the fact that I don't know what end of a baseball to pick up. But when it comes to humorous rants? I may know a thing or three. And that's why I know how good the Around the Rink With Gregsky blog is - featuring hockey news, views and general coffee-induced madness. And knowing that the writer is one funny mother (shut your mouth!) helps, too. Humor, intelligence and imagination - a hat trick of talent if I ever saw it, eh?

So, to see him getting his due - couldn't be more ecstatic. USA Today quoted his blog post last week (check it out here), a huge feat for any of us who are writing with passion about what we love - and, y'know, not getting paid for it. This is huge - congratulations, Mr. Gregsky, you deserve it!

1 comment:

GREGSKY said...

You are just flat out too kind John! Thanks for the shameless plug. I am humbled by the attention, it's not everyday someone from the MSM recognizes a blogger let alone quote them. It re-affirms my belief that what we do is worth it.

-Gregsky