Friday, September 11, 2009

Anyone Feeling...Creative?

Anyone who has met me knows that I like to fancy myself a writer. Anyone who knows me well recognizes that I have the writing SKILLS of a drunken chimp - but that's an entirely different matter.

I'm here once again to ask anyone who's interested to pitch in for my annual blog crossover event in October. The subject: anything spooky, scary or horror-themed. It is October after all, the last day of which is possibly the bestest holiday EVER!;)

"What the hell is this idiot blathering about? What the frak does he want?", you ask. Quite simple.

I want a description of what spooky means to YOU. I want rants/raves about the best/worst horror flicks or Halloween cartoons you've ever seen. I want a list of the perfect Halloween party music EVER. I want crudely drawn pictures of Freddy Krueger in a tutu drawn on a bar napkin. I want a description of why your significant other's addiction to lousy horror movies bugs the crap out of you. Pictures of your best Halloween costumes. As long as it's moderately funny or entertaining, it's in. It would hopefully increase traffic to your site, especially if everyone cross-promotes and provides appropriate links to the materials.

"But I don't have a blog!", you lament.

If you don't, send it my way - I can post some material on mine. I'll even do a little light editing and spell-checking for you, but you'd get full credit (or none if you want a pseudonym). But you could also post it through your MySpace page or as a note on Facebook if you wanted to take more control.

The most important part is that everyone has fun and flexes a creative muscle. I'll accept submissions until October 20th (written works should be limited to 1.5 pages in MS Word).

Please use the information below for contacting me:

el Juano
juanosaddiction@comcast.net

Thanks all - I look forward to checking out what you've got. I'll do my best to review all submissions, and I'll post everything I can...

No comments: