Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Friday The 13th!

Hi everyone! Two Friday the 13ths in a row? Crazy! I've got my hockey mask on again, how about you?

I know it's been a while, but it's taken a while to clean up after the bloodbath from Mr. Voorhees' appearance last month. And I've had to duck visits from that crazed half-pint from the Leprechaun movies. He's been bugging me to come up with Friday the 13th/St. Paddy's Day crossover soundtrack, but I'm just not feeling it. Plus, everytime I've ever met with him he's started gnawing on my ankle. Crap, I think I hear him scratching outside. I'll leave you with a quick list of some of the things that I've been musing about while I've been away. You may just hear more about them in the future:

-Ah, beer. The great equalizer. Kid Rock's "Beer Bailout" of a Michigan-based brewing company just seems appropriate in these tough times.

-I've been a bit sad/mad/annoyed that No Doubt didn't consult me when setting the ticket prices for their latest tour. I just don't have a spare kidney to sell to see these kids...

-Is iTunes' digital watermarking as frightening to everyone else? It just seems a bit too Big Brother-esque to me.

-Am I wrong to have fully enjoyed the Watchmen movie? Critics say I'm a fool, but I overrule that verdict!

-Who's stoked that Michael Cera finally signed on for the Arrested Development movie? It just wouldn't be a Bluth family reunion without him!

-Coraline may have been the most visually stunning movie I've seen in ages, and fun to boot.

-The ABC TV network is staffed by a bunch of poopyheads! Strong language to be sure, but really - cancelling Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone without (possibly EVER) airing the final episodes, and then the final blow of ending (my new fave) Life On Mars?! I say again - POOPYHEADS!

And oh, there's more up in this noggin of mine - now, to just have the time to write it all down... Quiet, it's that creepy shamrock shaker again! I'll be back soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not wrong to enjoy the Watchmen; I thought it was brilliant. And I do believe the critics are still split on it. But not me, I thought it was freak'in awesome!!

Virtual Stranger said...

Hey, I know what side this critic came down on... ;)

http://www.creativescreenwriting.com/csweekly/weekend/030609_Watchmen.html