Monday, February 9, 2009

Links To The Grammy Winners

Again, you know how I feel about dredging through search results just to find the list of winners. Well, here are two of the lists of Grammy winners. The first (click here) is a complete listing, right down to best Zydeco album - but it doesn't list what the other nominees in each category were. The second list (click here) is the short list of popular categories, but it does include the other nominees.

Quick thoughts:

-Why the hell Robert Plant & Alison Krauss took so many awards eludes me as much as why people still care about the Grammys as a whole. "Please Read The Letter" seemed like little more than a repetitive deep cut when I first heard it, and it got more annoying with time.

-I was happy to see that Metallica won the Metal Performance category ("My Apocalypse"), but I almost wonder if they just give the award to them every year now after the whole Jethro Tull debacle in 1989.

-I would have liked to see Rob Zombie win the Hard Rock Performance award ("Lords of Salem"), but such is life.

- I was happily surprised to see Zappa Plays Zappa take the award for Rock Instrumental Performance ("Peaches En Regalia").

No comments: